GRADUATION 2019 – IMPORTANT INFORMATION
Business Certificate: Are you eligible?
If you have completed 5 business credits since grade 9 and would like to receive a business certificate on grad night, please submit a printout of your courses with the 5 credits highlighted to one of the business teachers. Due date is June 3.
The deadline was Friday May 10th. Please see Mr. Chomyshyn for questions or concerns.
Friday, June 7, 2019
LIUNA Station, Hamilton
If you did not take advantage of the “Special Savings Option”, Dinner Dance tickets are now available on School Cash Online for $70.00.
Tickets will be available until FRIDAY, MAY 24th.
All tickets can be picked up the week of June 3th – 7th.
A REMIND will be sent to direct you to the pick-up time and location.
- names and ticket numbers MUST correspond with our list (be sure to take a picture of your ticket)
- tickets are non-transferable and non-refundable
- if you are purchasing a ticket for a guest, this is a separate category on school cash online
- if you purchase a ticket for someone from outside the school, you must see Mrs. Cino or Mrs. Horn directly to register their name and info. If you fail to do so, that individual will not be allowed to attend.
- Seating Plan: forms must be submitted by ONE individual at the table. Please ensure you know what seating plan you a part of to avoid complications. Complete and submit your requests by Friday, May 24th to the main office. Extra forms will be available in the Guidance Office.
- if you have any special dietary requirements, please fill out the form distributed at this meeting. This form must be submitted to the main office no later than May 24th. Extra forms will be available in the Guidance Office.
Thursday, June 27, 2019
Burlington Convention Centre
Cost of $140 can be paid through SchoolCash Online
Ceremony Tickets for Guests
Please note: Each graduate is given 2 tickets automatically.
If you have more than two family members that wish to attend, you must fill in a request form.
The deadline to submit this request is Tuesday, April 30th.
Depending on the number of requests we receive, we may use a lottery system.
If you have a sibling at Assumption who would like to help out as an usher at the ceremony, please see Mrs. Horn to sign them up. We need a maximum of 20 students. First come, first serve.
GRADUATION DAY EVENTS:
Note on Dress Code: PLEASE be appropriately dressed for this very important day…no jeans, no shorts, no spaghetti straps, no bare midriffs, no hats, no flip flops, gentlemen must have a collared shirt.
You are responsible for getting to the Burlington Convention Centre and for getting home.
Please arrange to be picked up AFTER the rehearsal.
1. Mass – family and friends are welcome to attend
Time : 9:30 am
Place: Burlington Convention Centre
2. Brunch/Awards – graduates/staff only
Time: Immediately following mass at BCC
3. Ceremony Rehearsal – graduates only
Time: Immediately following brunch/awards at BCC
** Please Note: Attendance @ Rehearsal is MANDATORY – this is where you will be receiving your tickets for family to attend the ceremony
4. Graduation Ceremony
Time: arrive no later than 5:30pm
Place: Burlington Convention Centre
Females: skirt or dress pants, dress shoes or sandals – NO FLIP FLOPS
Males: dress pants, dress shirts, tie, dress shoes and socks
* NO Gum, NO sunglasses, NO hats, and NO electronic devices *
Caps and Gowns: When you arrive, go to the designated room at the BCC to pick up your cap, gown and flowers. You must have your gown signed out by a staff member.
Gowns MUST also be signed back in at the end of the ceremony.
If you neglect to do so, you will be charged for the gown.
Pictures: once you have picked up your gown and flowers, you may go outside to get pre-ceremony pictures taken with your family and friends.
Processional: return to the main foyer by 6:30pm sharp to line up for the procession
PLEASE DO NOT DISTURB Mrs. Cino or Mrs. Horn in classes, do not have them paged, do not email them at the last minute or have your parents call for information.
If you are not already on REMIND, it is CRUCIAL that you do so in order to be aware of upcoming events. Your parents are strongly encouraged to join Remind as well.
Sign up to arrive REMIND:
“To” field : (519) 488-9376
“Message” field, type the following: @aspt