The role of the Student Services counsellor is threefold: to provide academic, career and personal counselling to Assumption students. The objective of Student Services is to support and assist each student in achieving their academic, personal and spiritual potential. The Student Services Department is headed by Mr. Yurgan. Other counsellors in Student Services include: Mrs. Giannotti and Mr. Duffy. Students are assigned to their counsellor by alpha, according to their surname or AP program.
Guidance Department Contact information
Students may make an appointment on-site and are encouraged to make appointments on their lunch time and spare periods whenever possible. Students are always welcome to browse the resources available in the Student Services Office.
Phone Number: 905-634-1835
Who is my Guidance Counsellor?
|A-L||G. Giannotti||Ext. 247||GiannottiG@hcdsb.org|
|M-Z||I. Yurgan||Ext. 227||YurganI@hcdsb.org|
|Advanced Placement Students (AP)||R. Duffy||Ext. 231||DuffyR@hcdsb.org|
|Guidance Secretary||D. Leger||Ext. 229|
Please use the following link to see the Pathways Presentation from May 17, 2018.
- Sign up for Remind and get important updates about University/College visits, open house dates, deadlines for applications, Etc. Follow link for information on signing up – Remind – Sign Up Info 2019-20
- Fall 2019 Ontario Universities’ Regional Fair – Tuesday, October 1, 2019 6:30pm-8:30pm at Jean Vanier, 1145 Bronte Road St. S, Milton
- Additional information for funding post secondary education – Funding Higher Education
- What do you need to graduate? Graduation Requirements
- OUAC (Ontario Universities’ Application Centre) Important dates 2018/19 – https://www.ouac.on.ca/guide/101-dates/
Ordering A Transcript
If you have graduated from Assumption please visit https://hcdsb.formstack.com/forms/transcript_request to order a transcript. There is a $20.00 transcript fee for the first transcript, and then $5.00 for each additional copy, to be paid online at the time of the request. For questions relating to the process, please contact Privacy, Records and Information Management Services at: email@example.com.
Student records are confidential. If your child has graduated and is over the age of consent (18), a parent or guardian may not request or receive a transcript without the written authorization from the student.
Students Information System Link – (SIS) Information on this system includes a mark history, current timetable and attendance for each course on your current timetable along with some personal information.
School to Career Pathway Link – Through Pathways we encourage students to take advantage of the opportunities provided in elementary and secondary school to know themselves, identify strengths, set educational and career goals and create a Pathways Plan to achieve them.