The Specialist High Skills Major (SHSM) program in Information and
Communication Technology gives students an opportunity to specialize, gain qualifications, and plan a career pathway in various areas of the ICT sector while still in high school. The SHSM Program has a number of required components, designed to give students a “head start” to pursue post-secondary opportunities in each of the identified sectors, valuing apprenticeship, college, university and direct entry into the world of work.
The Information and Communication Technology sector offers students opportunities to get inspired and use their unique skills and abilities in careers in media arts, digital photography and film production, computer science, programming, engineering and many other creative areas.
The SHSM Experience
• Learn a variety of digital media techniques
• Participate in workshops with industry professionals
• Develop ICT skills in a variety of media
• Incorporate digital technologies into the creative process
• Learn a variety of computer science and engineering applications
• Develop transferrable skills compatible with multiple pathways to all post-secondary destinations