What is Advanced Placement (AP)?
Advanced Placement courses offer university-level content to students at the grade 12 level. Students in AP and pre-AP study topics in greater depth, enhancing their intellectual development. AP provides students with an opportunity for learning that goes beyond facts and figures. The rich course material, classroom discussion and demanding assignments typical of AP courses will help your child develop the knowledge and the critical thinking skills expected of university bound students.
AP Information Night
- Link to AP Presentation from AP Information Night October 25th, 2018
Registration for the AP Program at Assumption
Accepting Applications from October 26th, 2018 – December 15th, 2018
To register for our AP program, the following must be completed:
- Must Register for a google account (LINK) in order to complete the Pre-AP Application
- Must Complete Pre-AP ONLINE Application – APPLICATION PROCESS IS NOW CLOSED
AP Committee Reviews All AP Applications
Review will happen between January 7th, 2019 – January 31st, 2019
Parents/Guardians Will Be Notified About AP Applications
- Notifications will start going out February 4th, 2019
- Parents/Guardians will be contacted via EMAIL to indicate the status of their son/daughter’s AP Application.
Emails will indicate if the application has been:
- Accepted into an AP Course
- Denied enrolment into an AP Course
- Has been put on a Waiting List for enrolment into an AP course
Our Advanced Placement programs
For more information about Advanced Placement you can also visit the AP Canada website.